Wednesday, March 11, 2009

photo update


A few weeks ago, 
I took a stroll around my neighborhood.
No cellphone. Alone. 
Just my camera & my ipod playing mellow things.
I didn't go out with the motive to take really spectacular photos,
but I got lucky with a few that I actually ended up  liking.
I Just wanted to share a few...
  
I don't believe photography is a way of making images look appealing..
I honestly dislike manipulated photography.
real photos are a way of trying to show what you actually saw.
It's a way to remember things exactly as they were.
I wish I could take pictures exactly the way I saw them.
no enhancements, no fancy cameras, no edits. 
Although I'd really go for a Nikon D90 right now...
 
I'm glad that winter is ending. 


"Blessed be your name
when the sun's shining down on me
and the world's all as it should be.."


"Should I give up or should I 
keep on chasing pavement..."

I'll squat in the middle of a street
just for the picture I want. 
As I was walking back home, 
I heard a fluttering noise overhead.
I pulled my headphones off and squinted up.
"What is that?"
What are the chances that I heard a dove?
The sign of peace& hope. (Genesis 8)
when I couldn't even hear cars passing by...
I couldn't help but

smile comfortably.

7 comments:

  1. this was a beautiful post (=

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. purist... taking photos as it is..

    I am a purist in some part of my heart. but my 'creative' side tries to kick in time to time.. which makes me wanna change things

    keep at it gina. shooting with film will keep you as pure as you can be :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love reading your entries gina. keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks wayne! :) I really appreciate it haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Gina I love you :)
    I'm going to change my layout because it looks like yours. Hahaha that detracts from your oriGINAl :)

    ReplyDelete