Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Bubble

Trying to put life under one definition and meaning can be really complicated.
But lately, I've been thinking about it and I think most Christians (if not most people in this world) live their lives in this "bubble" they create around themselves.
They store up all of their experiences, skill, talent, wisdom, experience, love, ambition, and determination into this one small bubble and keep it inside.
We keep ourselves safe.
We don't take risks. 
We don't confront the things we should.
We put our lives on "auto-pilot", and live idly.
We ignore opportunity.
We tune out the real voice of God.
 We avoid rejection, hurt, disappointment, and failure by rejecting the fact that those things are real and even important in the building of our character. 
This bubble is dangerous, but I see so many people living this kind of life.
I sometimes unknowingly live out this lifestyle myself; I have plenty of room to grow. 
I can't wait to grow even more.
We become "bloated" with all of this information and our heads swell up because we think that we know and understand so much about life.. but we have no idea because we haven't even lived it yet.
We still choose to live safely secured in our bubbles.
Christianity is active. It's alive. It's moving. It's life changing. It's dynamic.

This is one of my favorite bible passages...

   "14 What good is it, dear brothers and sisters, if you say you have faith but don’t show it by your actions? Can that kind of faith save anyone? 15 Suppose you see a brother or sister who has no food or clothing, 16 and you say, “Good-bye and have a good day; stay warm and eat well”—but then you don’t give that person any food or clothing. What good does that do?

   17 So you see, faith by itself isn’t enough. Unless it produces good deeds, it is dead and useless.

   18 Now someone may argue, “Some people have faith; others have good deeds.” But I say, “How can you show me your faith if you don’t have good deeds? I will show you my faith by my good deeds.”

   19 You say you have faith, for you believe that there is one God. Good for you! Even the demons believe this, and they tremble in terror. 20 How foolish! Can’t you see that faith without good deeds is useless?"

James 2:14-19


Anyone can "talk the talk" but can you actually "walk the walk"?



by the way...
HELP OTHERS STAND UP FOR CHRISTIANITY. 

6 comments:

  1. hahah heyy you found me! :)

    I'm glad it didddd. Keep growing Julie! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. i live in a bubble

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's okay shelly.
    I think we all do in some parts of our lives.
    acknowledge it and overcome it.

    don't grow discouraged or wearyy! take heart! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. You mentioned that certain insecurities, fears, and comfort can lead to the creation of these bubbles. Question, does the church create a bubble? And are these Christian bubbles good, because they protect us from the world, or bad, because our protection from the world makes us less understanding and unable to reach out to them?

    -henry

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was thinking about church as I was writing this actually. Funny that you bring it up. Church is also the cause of a lot of these fears and comforts too as Christians. We fall back on our church and we think that going to church every Sunday is a passionate life of a Christian... but there has to be more than this.
    I wouldn't say church is as black and white as good or bad, but there are certain aspects of the world Christians should face too with the security and support of a strong church/teaching.

    ReplyDelete