Tuesday, June 23, 2009

dictionary definition

summer: (noun) the period of finest development, perfection, or beauty previous to any decline.
summer is also listed as an adjective, and as a verb. 

"the period of finest development"... development
I couldn't agree more. If there were distinct times in my life where I changed the absolute most.. it would be during the summer months. I think it's just because I
 can take my mind off the petty worries of school and focus on the realer aspects of my life. My faith, family, and future plans all come pouring into my life during summer. Looking back on last summer, I know that this summer is going to be so much different... different people, different plans, goals, priorities. I think I only kept a few friends close from the really close ones I had last summer (makes me sad) but at the same time it's a weird numbing feeling knowing that you're growing up; "developing". Because I remember the things I worried about last summer. The daily struggles, the prayers, the thoughts.. and comparing myself now to then... even if it was only 365 days.. that's a lot of opportunities to change!
Today, I thought about how long I still have to go.. dah but I imagined myself writing a totally different entry on this day next summer when I'm finally out of high school and I got a weird feeling.
Who will I develop into then...

I hope you summer this summer as you do your summer activities. 

taken last summer
August 15, 2008

P.S. Friends, I need prayer.

1 comment:

  1. God's plan is so grand, we can only be grateful of very small part of it.

    Things will continuously change Gina. Not just your life, but everything around you too.

    it's always good to embrace the changes and get the best of it.
    and God knows what to do, since it's His plan.

    ReplyDelete