I've noticed a common fault in people these days. The habit of comparing themselves to other people surrounding them, or even fictional people that they throw together in their minds. They compare and criticize themselves, their own families, academic life, spiritual life, friends, schools, physical bodies, relationships, everything. In a world where becoming "something" means to be greater than someone else... I guess it's hard NOT to compare yourselves to others. I know I do it all of the time. I find myself wondering what I could be, what I could accomplish, how I could feel if I were like "that person" or if I had "that life". High school puts that pressure on kids. It's a constant system of how well you're able to impress your teachers, parents, friends, peers, and coaches that gets your recognition or a sense of self-fulfillment. It's unproductive and can easily turn vain.
I genuinely, honestly, sincerely wish that I could live out every single second of every single day with the intentions of glorifying God. I wish every thought, word, action, and emotion that I have were based on God-centered ideas... but that's not the case for me. That's not the case for anyone in fact. I find myself struggling to say the right things, to approach uncomfortable situations for God, and to accept the challenges that God places in my heart. The saying "DO HARD THINGS FOR GOD" has definitely become my catch phrase of the day ( I guess you would call it that ). I find peace and joy when I accomplish things that I know God appreciates. So here I am, doing my best to look my best in the eyes of God and not in the eyes of man. That's hard too... considering we should evangelize to the lost and show love and compassion. How can anyone respect me if my actions are not respectable to them? Even more, how can anyone respect my faith and beliefs if they don't respect how I live my life?
That's seriously something we need to think about everyday. Our actions affect others so much more than we will ever know. Our actions reflect what is inside of us. Faith without action is dead. Your words become hollow and conversations end meaninglessly unless we choose to live the way we speak. Even a simple joke could be taken the wrong way by somebody. We have to be considerate.
It's funny, this blog was meant to be for pictures but it's turned into my rambling Christian thoughts on life... haha. I think of these things during the day and on the rare occasions that I am able to sit down and remember them... I write them down or I type them up on this thing. I wish I had a transcript of my daily thoughts. I think my mind has become pretty deep.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
ReplyDeleteSure, you started with photos in mind, but just like great photos you post here, your thoughts are very well appreciated.
Thank you so much Frank
ReplyDeleteit means so much really... :) haha so encouraging