Wednesday, July 22, 2009

hello

Hey guys
I spent a week in Irvine last week at Saddleback church for a youth leadership conference. It was absolutely amazing. I don't think I've ever felt so much growth in such a short time; I seriously learned so much about myself and the things I need to improve on with God. In short, it was very worthwhile and I highly recommend your church to attend next year (it's called PDYM). 
Summer seems like it's zipping by so fast... school seems just around the corner. Which is scary because that means that applications are just around the corner too. Oddly, I'm at peace with thinking about my college plans, for now at least. Thank God. Being the big fat worry wart I am, I would have expected myself to be far more anxious about my personal statements and my test scores... but I'm not too worried. I've got other things on my mind. 
I hope that summer is treating you all well and that you are preparing yourself for yet another school year. I realized that the repetition of 'back to school' and 'the first day of school' is finally coming to an end. It hasn't fully hit me yet.. but I'm starting to feel like 'growing up' is starting to sink in. I'll be 18 soon and out of the house within a little over a year; that's really weird. I don't think that my mom will be able to handle it well at first.. she already tears up when we talk about my graduation.
Why am I writing about this... It's July.. We've got a long ways to go.

May God bless you wherever you are and in whatever you do!
- Gina

No comments:

Post a Comment