If you haven't noticed, the point of me starting this blog was to share pictures.
Well, since I enjoy writing as well... that was a failed attempt.
BUT! I DO still take pictures and I DO still post them up on my facebook..
most of them at least.
I went through my iphoto right now and randomly picked out a few pictures
from random events during my summer.. and I decided to write about them.
The significance of each one, the story behind it, why I took it, etc etc.
Because sometimes all that you see is the picture and MAYBE a one worded caption..
only I know the real meaning of it.. ;) or the people that shared the moment..
Enjoy!
(click to enlarge photos)
This was taken on the last evening that we were there. The best part of the day is when the sun is setting. Everyone is clean and content for the most part since we finished showering and we're well fed. This is when we just sit and stare at the hills and talk. Talk about absolutely nothing at all; or talk about extraordinary things. I just sit on a van or a chair and stare at this same view every single year since I entered high school. So you're probably thinking.. "the port-a-potties ruin this picture completely." Wrong. I think that's what makes me love this picture. It makes the picture. Beyond the stink and discomfort of the poverty stricken Mexican life, there is beauty and hope found in the very nature and beauty of God. Beyond the wall of port-a-potties; God has a mountain of endless beauty and light for all of us. Whether we're in Mexico to build houses for a week, or we're living there permanently as Mexican families do. He is so fair and just to all.
SHARP international Cheer Camp.
I don't think I'm even in this picture. Probably somewhere behind it pushing someone's behind up. This is our last year of cheer... ever. I don't really remember being normal without cheer or some kind of dance in my life starting from 6th up until now; and preschool through 2nd for ballet. I'm going to miss it. I'll have to find a way to keep moving to music haha. Also, I never realized the fact that I might actually miss these girls until this last day of camp. After hours of practice, enduring Danielle's spastic fits of rage, easy-win competitions, and our random bursts of laughter in the middle of stunting. I can't really say that cheer made my high school years better... cheer pretty much defined them.
ahhaha this picture came up randomly! swimming at Joel's house. It feels like we really can't see each other as much as we would like to but at the end of the day.. every thing's still the same. I still enjoy talking to him the most and spending even a day out of the week is always good and fun. CORNY? maybe, but we're both busy and there are more times that I'm missing him than not. All the trips, cheer, church things, etc make it harder but... as long we're good I'm okay with anything. Most people in Texas have easy access to pools.. you'd expect sunny California to have more swimming pools haha. We couldn't stand the heat so we decided to swim here out of nowhere. I had to wear his huge basketball shorts and bright orange t-shirt; didn't mind. I love swimming & I just came back from 6 hours of cheer. If I could and if I had the money.. I'd totally dig a pool in my backyard/my backyard neighbor's front yard. Something about summer makes you appreciate friend time a lot more.. I know I do. His scrunchy smile :)
Saddleback Church
This is Doug Fields, and one of my best friends Hannah Kwon. We went to PDYM (entry before this) and listened to this awesome speaker talk for 4 days. In all, I learned so much. When we saw him greeting people in the lobby, we both got a little bit star struck and nervously asked for a handshake and a picture. I've never really met a youth worker that was so interested in what "the kids are into these days"... it seemed like he really cared about his kids at that church. Amazing church. He's also a very influential and very challenging speaker; doesn't fluff up the truth.. just gives it to you how it is. Made me think a lot about my own personal walk with God without the support of church leaders or fellow Christian friends. I'm so thankful for my salvation I really am. Not being all sentimental or anything.. I straight forwardly am very very thankful for the life I have in Christ. Really.
I wish I had more time and patience to write about more things.. but
I doubt that you guys have the time and patience to read all of them.
:) This was good for myself though. Made me think a bit about what I'm actually doing with myself this summer. I'm so excited for summer retreat; I seriously am. The "SOULED OUT" theme fits perfectly with the optimism that I have for this retreat. wow.
Not that any retreat was disappointing.. they're all amazing in different ways..
but this one. I don't know. Expect great things from God.
Hope you guys stay out of the heat!
Keep sending the messages. thanks guys :) I really appreciate them a lot
prayer requests please !
No comments:
Post a Comment